Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thankful

It's been five months since I last posted or even made a card.  I think I just got burned out.  I was making all of these cards but only a handful would get mailed out.  I have accumulated a massive amount of spare cards.  I also have been focusing on my other hobby, bento's.  They are consumable and don't get left laying around in a box in the craft room.  If you are interested just click the link that say "My other blog".

But I did need a thank you card to mail out.  I have used up all the suitable ones in the stash.  For this card I used the "thankful" stamp in the Making Memories clear stamp set called Autumn Splendor.  I found I really don't have many thank you word stamps.  The paper is from K&Company called Julianne.  I found it in the clearance isle of Michales one day and picked it up.  I used my Top Notes die to cut the top part which is just the reverse side of the flower paper.  The embellishment is from Jolee's Boutique called ivory flowers.  I had purchased this a long time ago in Kansas City at Achievers.  It is a plaster type embellishment that I painted with Smooch (Molasses color) and sponged off to give it a softer look.

I'm not super proud of this card but it does serve the purpose I made it for, it's mailable.  A lot of cards I like to make get kind of puffy and don't mail well.

Maybe I'll make another card soon.  Who knows, I did enjoy looking through my goodies in the craft room after I cleaned the layer of dust off.

No comments:

Post a Comment