Tuesday Morning Sketches is celebrating it's 1st birthday this month. As a previous guest designer I was asked help celebrate by making a card using one of the previous sketches. Melissa also threw in a theme. This week is "What Reminds You of Summer?" Summertime makes me think of hot humid weather especially since our heat index here is 110 deg and the humidity is 84%. YUCK!! But I also think of all the wonderful fruits and vegetables available at farmer's markets and fruit stands.
I chose to use Sketch #5 this week. I didn't find out about Tuesday Morning Sketches until about sketch #27. So it was great to go through and pick one I have not done. I also got to pick this sweet stamp set from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. She is offering a stamp set to the winner of the Tuesday Morning Sketches for this week. Make sure you go over to Tuesday Morning Sketches and enter! Also check out the rest of the cards featured there. I was not the only one to use this stamp set and every one of ours looks so totally different.To create this card I printed out the image twice and colored the top part of the basket on the extra one. I then cut it out, curled some of the paper back and placed it on some dimensional foam to make it pop. The leaves are from a Martha Stewart punch. I added button brads to the basket and the center of the flowers are brads as well. I also used my nestabilities scallop ovals to mimic the one on the basket. I couldn't find quite the right paper in my stash for a background so I made one by just using my markers. I wish I had done a little better job on it, but it works.
I know it has been a long time since I have made or posted anything. There have been a lot of changes in my life. Some are wonderful and some are not so good. But hopefully I can get back to creating. It was good to have this card on my must-do list. It helped just my creative juices flowing again. I also have one swap commitment coming up that I will fulfill but I have not and don't plan on joining any more swaps. I have so many cards from swaps they are overflowing. I hope to concentrate on blog challenges and cards for family and friends. I feel bad that I failed to make cards for birthday's, anniversaries and births for some very important people in my life. For that I apologize to those affected. But now my craft area has been moved, re-organized and ready for action.




Genetta, this is so Gorgeous!! Oh I just love your background, I think it is great!! Love how you added the planter stick and those cute brads to your layout. Your berries look as good as those yummy real ones.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear we will see more of you on your blog. Your creative talent has been missed.
Hugs
Jacki
Genetta - this is beautiful! I love how you created your own background. Great job!! Thanks for coming back to celebrate with us this week.
ReplyDelete