Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Recap

I have been so bad about posting.  So sorry but without further ado here is the rest of my Christmas.


The Christmas Card to go with my Mad Hatter Christmas Theme
 I made 50 cards in total using the Stampin Up Christmas College stamp, Papertrey Inc's Tea for Two stamp set and die, a Mad Hatter image printed in color and "Warm Wishes" from Stampin Up's Hugs and Wishes set.  I colored the main image with my Copics.  These cards took FOREVER to make and next year I hope I go for a simpler design.
Gift Tags
I made the gift tags using again Papertrey Inc's Tea for Two Stamp set and die.  On the back I used Papertrey Inc's Places Please stamp set to stamp the small teapot and their Simple Alpahabet for the "To/From".  I tied these on the packages using silver stretchy string.

Pretty Presents under the tree
This year I was having such trouble matching a wrapping paper to my theme.  One of these days I will plan a theme around my wrapping paper.  But I doubt that will happen.  I finally settled for some paper from Hobby Lobby since it was on sale.  I never realized how well it really did go with everything since I was doing red's and green's.  I bought four rolls of ribbon and used all 120 feet of it!
Close up of package
I get a little crazy when it come to wrapping.  I had worked at Dillard's in the Customer Service Department at one point in my life and they have such rules about wrapping.  I have applied the same rules to all of my packages ever since.  And I love how wonderful all my gifts look. 
Tea Pots and Tea Cups, Oh My!
I never did get a picture of all seven teapot stockings in a row.  But it was a sight.  Everyone of them was different.  On my little side table I placed all these things pictured.  These are some of the things my thrift store shopping got me.  I had planned on reselling some of these but now I'm not sure if I can part with them.  Well maybe some, but definitely not all.

close up of watch and key
This beautiful key is very ornate and it was purchased at a second hand store for $2.00!  I love it and will probably never part with it.  And the pocket watch was an ebay find that I won for $1.25!  They were prefect accent pieces to my Mad Hatter Christmas.
Cake bites
I made these little cake bites using Bakerella's recipe.  She is AWESOME! and wonderfully creative.  Some of my cakes had "Eat Me" written on them.  I didn't like my handwriting on them so I didn't take a photo.

Christmas Cookies
On Christmas Eve I had the day off work so I made some cut out cookies.  I had so much fun decorating them and eating them too.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment