Thursday, January 13, 2011

Birthday Star

This card was made for a friends birthday. Her birthday card from last year was the first time I had ever used a Tuesday Morning Sketches sketch. Can't believe it's been a year!  And in that time I have been a guest designer for them.  I had intended to use a Tuesday Morning Sketches sketch for this one but once I got started it took on another form.  The image is a freebie from Some Odd Girl.  They have some very cute designs and are sponsoring Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.  The designer paper is some really old Stampin Up designer paper that I have just now started to cut into.  I seem to never want to use my supply's because they are so pretty.  But I do need to start using what I got.  I also used some flowers I had found on clearance at Michael's a while back.  And for the first time I actually used this Spellbinders die set for the scrollwork tag.  I added some Sepia clear glitter to the star which of course you can't seen in the photo.  And the sentiment is from Stampin Up's Hugs & Wishes set.  Happy Birthday LaRinda!


And I made the birthday girl some red velvet cupcakes.  YUM!!!

The cupcakes.  Details can be found at http://www.mylunchiscuterthanyours.blogspot.com/


3 comments:

  1. OMGosh!! Those cupcakes look amazing! I'm gonna have to check out your other blog now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card with the star girl :) and the cupcakes, did you add food colouring for the decoration? Love your other bento blog as well :) might sound stalky now but I just hit the following button on twitter as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The candy melts I used were already red.

    hahah I feel like I stalk people too. Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, blogs, etc.

    ReplyDelete