Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches - Birthday Fishes

This is my first week as a guest designer for Tuesday Morning Sketches.  I feel so privileged!  This week's sponsor is Sew Many Digital Stamps.  The image that I was given to use was of this cute fishy with a balloon tied to his tail.  I took the image and added a couple of balloons next to the original one.  I had seen the layering of Copic colors and I used that for the balloons.  I had some designer paper laying in my scrap pile that looked like a stitched quilt.  And I thought the quilted look went well with the image.  I then colored the fish to match the paper.  I also added some dimensional glaze to the fish bowl.  I used a clear alphabet set to spell out Birthday Fishes.  Since this is Melissa's daughters 12th birthday we are having a virtual birthday party with all of our cards.  I hope she has a wonderful birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Genetta! The colors are just fabulous and I love how you used the balloons for the vertical elements on the sketch! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute fishy! Great job on the coloring. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete