Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bugaboo Tutorial Day

Today is my turn to do a tutorial for the Bugaboo Challenge Blog.  I chose to do a Wax Paper Resist technique.  I had signed up for a swap last year using the technique and I love it!

Here is what you will need...
Paper cutter
Iron
Glossy paper
Plain printer paper
Wax paper
Embossing folder and machine
Bone folder
Sponge and Ink

First thing you want to do is plug in your iron and set it to a medium heat with NO steam. 
Then cut a piece of wax paper to 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".

Then you want to cut a piece of glossy paper 8-1/2" x 5-1/2".

Then you want to score the glossy paper in the middle.

After that you will set your paper cutter aside and place the piece of wax paper in the embossing folder.

Then you will run the folder through the machine.  I have a Cuttlebug and I love it!  I do only use it for embossing since I do have a Cricut as well.

Your wax paper will look something like this.  Don't worry if the paper is torn some.

Then place the embossed wax paper in the glossy paper with the glossy sides together.

Then place that inside the plain printer paper.

Then take your iron and iron on top of the plain printer paper for about 3 minutes.  How do you know when your done?  When you are tired of ironing paper.  LOL  As you can see I have used this self healing cutting board for this so much it is warped.

When you take your wax paper out the glossy paper should look like this.  BTW... you can throw away the piece of wax paper.  Not sure how well this shows up but, in person you can see the change.

Then you want to get out your ink and sponge.  And dab your sponge on your ink pad.

Then you want to sponge the ink onto the glossy paper by swirling it around all over the paper.

After you have covered the entire glossy paper you should have a positive and negative of your embossing folder.

Then you can take that finished paper and cut it up and use it however you want.


I used Scrappy's sketch from Scrappy Sketch Sunday on the Bugaboo Challenge blog.  LOVE this sketch and was so glad to use it for this tutorial.  I hope you all have enjoyed this!

9 comments:

  1. DA-YAM Genetta!!! You rocked this tutorial!!! The insturctions are detailed and easy-to-understand, and your project makes me want to try it like right freakin' now!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! Very nice tutorial!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!! I am def. going to try this TODAY! :) Thanks for using my tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fab is that! always trying to find new ways of getting the most out of my Cuttlebug! will def give this a go. Thanks a bundle.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Genetta, this is absolutely terrific, I can't wait to give it a go. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW really interesting, never heard of this before, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool Tutorial - A MUST TRY!
    Hugs & Happy Days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool. Looking forward to trying this. Thanks for sharing and such good instructions. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cool. Thanks for the neat tips!

    ReplyDelete