Friday, October 2, 2009

Witchy Martini Glass

I have been so busy with a new home, a new boyfriend, that my best friend and I have not made time for each other to get together. Sure we talk almost every day but no real "Girl Time". So we have made plans to get together tomorrow and sit around, have a few drinks, eat fat laden foods and enjoy ourselves. One recipe I found and we want to try is Pumpkin Pie Martini's. I received an email from Fine Living showcasing fall drinks. The martini is the one we will try. I have seen so many embellished martini glasses for Halloween this year I wanted to try and make my own. I had purchased some plain martini glasses from Walmart this week just for our get together. And tonight I broke out the glass etching supplies.
Etching on glass is pretty easy. Just smelly. I first wash and dried the glass then rubbed an embossing buddy over the glass. The embossing buddy helps keep stray powders from lingering. Then I inked my image with Versamark ink. Carefully I stamped the image on my glass. For the glass I used the witch and the spider from Papertrey Inc's Spooky Treats II stamp set.  It takes several tries to get the entire images to come out right. If the images doesn't show up all the way you just wipe it off and start over.
After the image is stamped to my satisfaction I sprinkle clear embossing powder on.

Then I heat the powder with a heat gun until completely melted.





Then after the glass has cooled I apply the glass etching gel. You have to put it on pretty thick. Also you need to let it sit for 20-30 minutes. The package suggests 5 minutes but that is just not long enough.
After the wait I then washed off the glass etching gel and used my thumbnail to removed the clear embossed area.




After it is dry, here is the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment