I am so lucky that I get to work in a place that lets us dress up for Halloween. This year I went as a black cat. It took two bottles of hair dye and many hours but I like my hair. Maybe I will go with permanent dye next time. This week I have been working on all my Halloween projects in order to be ready for today. I made 6 treat boxes, cake pops, chocolate cookies, etc. It's been a busy week. The treat boxes were made using the Stampin Up Top Notes die. I love this die. The round stamp and saying are from Papertrey Inc's Spooky Treats II. The spider web and spider are made using Inkadinkado's All Hallow's Eve stamp set. The spider made using the Stampin Up Scallop Punch and while most people use the Photo corners punch... I don't have it so I cut spider legs. MANY spider legs. Enough for 12 spiders. 4 legs each. And there is a York Peppermint Patty in the center. The Beware bar is just a Hershey Bar wrapped in Stampin Up Cast-A-Spell Designer Paper and taped. The stickers I received in a secret sister swap. They are Martha Stewart. The bag is filled with Chocolate Cookies w/ Butterscotch chips and toffee pieces. The cat embellishment is something else I had received in a swap. And last but not least is the ghost cake pop. I made these after seeing them on Splitcoaststampers website in the gallery. They looked oh so cute and I thought I could make them. So I headed over to http://www.bakerella.com/ and look them up. BTW Bakerella is AWESOME!!! I read the instructions and thought "I Can do this." Was I in for a reality check. They took FOREVER. And I could not find any white candy chips to melt at any store I went to. So I used Almond Bark, vanilla flavored. I thought I was doing OK. Dipped them. Started letting them dry. Tried to write on them with my edible marker. The marker did not work the way I thought it should. So I gave up on that and thought I would just put black icing on them later. Glad I waited. The next day every single one of them had a crack in it. So I redipped them making the shell too thick in my opinion but still edible. Then piped the ghost faces on them. The batch I made ended up being 33 cake pops. And I have handed them out at work. Everyone loves them so they are a hit with the co-workers just not with my pains and trials.
I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween!



No comments:
Post a Comment