Friday, November 20, 2009

2010 Calendar Swap

I joined a calendar swap that uses the Stampin Up On Board Clipboards.  I thought it was a great idea so I signed up for two spots.  July and November.

The July one uses YoYo Yellow as the base & Only Orange for the accents.  I had 3 yards of the ribbon with the sunburst that I received from a secret girlfriend swap.  So I cut it into 12 pieces and made it work.  The cat of course is from The Cat's Pajama's.  At first I wanted to make an all American themed July spot but we do have some Canadian swappers in this group.  So I went with a summertime theme.  I was trying to think of how I wanted to lay everything out and the idea of looking through a porthole into the sea sounded good.  I have had the snap brads for a LONG time.  I think they were prefect for this project.


The November one came together much quicker.  I love the fall and fall colors.  As I was driving to work one morning I always pass a business that has this beautiful tree in the front and the sun was shining just right on it.  So I used that image as my inspiriation.  I used Really Rust for the base, More Mustard for the accents and the Autumn Meadows Designer paper.  The Tree is from Stampin Up Lovely As A Tree set.  I have been using this set a lot this year.  The saying is from TPC Studios Autumn Harvest.  I stamped the tree in Summer Sun then took a Chocolate Chip Stampin Up marker and colored the trunk of the tree then took a Really Rust Stampin Up marker and dabbed color on the leaves.  Then breathed on the stamp to mosited the ink again and stamped on Very Vanilla.  This is one of my favorite techniques.


I hope everyone enjoys my pages for the calendar.

1 comment:

  1. I sure do love them!...and would not be able to pick a favorite between the two pages received!! wonderful job...LOve being part of same project too!:o)

    ReplyDelete