Friday, November 6, 2009

Paris in the Fall & a Forest Winter


Last weeks sketch challenge appealed to me.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do so I left my post it note on my desk until the idea came.  Well that idea came to me while shopping at the Hobby Lobby outlet store in Oklahoma City.  I found this great stamp by Stampabilities called Parisian Bridge for $2!  Then the next day while at Michaels I found some Autumn Papers by Making Memories.  The rust colored designer paper just reminded me of a parisian tapestry.  Last night I stamped the image on some watercolor paper, used my Stampin Up Earth Elements Water Color Wonder Crayons to scribble over the areas, then got out my Aqua painter.  I love my Aqua Painter so much that I had thought I had lost them so I ordered more.  Luckily I found my old ones after the move and now I have two!  The saying is a clear stamp set I found at Michaels as well.  TC is the company name.  The felt leaves are from a roll of ribbon I have had for so long. 

Forest Ranger is hosting her second swap on Splitcoaststampers.  This time it is a Winter Forest theme.  I used the same stamp as last time from the Stampin Up Lovely As A Tree set.  Except I stamped it using white craft ink and embossed with some holographic embossing powder.  The shiny effect does not come through in the picture unfortunately.  I had this card idea for my own Christmas card for years.  It is just I theme my Christmas every year and this hasn't fit any of the themes yet.  The ribbon I found at Michaels.  It even has wire in it!  I used the Stampin Up Small Script stamp set for the joy and the Silver hodgepodge hardware. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What gorgeous cards... and I loved reading about your bargains! I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Hobby Lobby outlet store.

    I'm so excited... I get one of your beautfil forest winter wonderland cards! Woo Hoo!!! (cuz I am the Ranger)

    ReplyDelete