I was first introduced to Stampavie stamps when I needed a stamp for a “What Music Are You” swap hosted by Sama on Splitcoaststampers. I knew I wanted to use the Beatles song “Help!” I was going through a rough time being recently divorced, having a lonely Christmas holiday, etc. I was looking through all the stamps on one of my favorite shopping/browsing websites www.allthatscraps.com. I had never purchased anything from them but when I ran across the Lelo Design stamp Little Susie I knew she was exactly what I wanted. I could picture her on a cloud especially since part of the lyrics are “Help me get my feet back on the ground.” I was so excited when I got my order. I went to work right away. I stamped, colored, printed and put it all together. That was in January of this year.
Next I joined a “Tutti Frutti” swap hosted by the same person. You had to have a fruit in your design. I immediately thought of the Sarah Kay stamp, Time for Apple Pie. So I placed another order and again got to work. I had found the designer paper while on a trip to Kansas City back in May. I decided to watercolor the image to match the paper. Added some flowers, ribbon and rhinestones. Everyone loved it. So did I. This stamp became my favorite.
After returning from a trip to California in July I wanted to make some thank you cards for family members we visited. I took out my Little Susie & Time for Apple Pie Stamp and got to work. I check the Stampavie Design Team blog daily and as I was browsing I saw both of these layouts. I totally cased them.
Then this last month I had tons of Birthday cards to make. Again I took out my Sarah Kay Time for Apple Pie stamp. I had found the ribbon on sale and thought it would look great with the stamp. Red and white and Apples! It turned out oh so cute.
The very next day while checking out the Stampavie Design Team Blog I saw the Halloween Challenge. I wanted to participate but was thinking “I’ve only got two stamps of theirs!” After looking at what the Design Team had come up with I thought “Yes I can!” So I got to work that night putting everything together for the card. I loved it! It did not win but that is OK. It was something I could be proud of. Then I had ordered four more Stampavie stamps. YES FOUR!! I wanted to be able to make more projects with these wonderful stamps and be able to participate in more challenges. While checking my favorite blog, lo and behold there was a call for two new Design Team Members. It was a sign. I knew I had to participate in this one. Part of the reason I started a blog was so I could join in the challenges and one day be a Design Team Member. It was going to be a tight schedule, hoping my new stamps would come in before the deadline and more importantly that I could get more projects finished before time was up as well as finish up my November swaps I had committed to. I was able to accomplish it all. The following are the items I made with my new stamps. I loved breaking them in. One of these is for the bi-weekly challenge which I will do a separate posting for. Feel free to browse the rest of my blog.
Thank you Stampavie Design Team for this opportunity to be a part of your amazing group of people.
Good luck in your search.
If you would like to read more about the Stampavie Design Team go to www.stampavie.com/dt




Genetta, I absolutly love it when I see U signing up for any of my swaps...*wink & smile*
ReplyDeleteU are a very dedicated and creative stamper and I always look forward to receive your cards...Both the "Music" and "Tutti Frutti" ones quickly became amongst my favorites!
Keep up the esquisite work my friend! :o)