
I had signed up for a swap that required the use of the Stampin Up Top Notes die. I had signed up for two spots. One regular card (
seen here) and one ABAC - Anything But A Card. Every time I see the Top Notes Die I think of a photo frame. So that is what I made for this swap. I cut fronts and backs out of HEAVY duty chipboard using the Top Notes die. I then cut out the oval shapes using an oval cutting system. And I cut an opening in the back so a photo could be placed easily. I also made a small leg so the frame would stand up.

I had thought about painting all of the pieces but I really didn't want to wait for all of that to dry. Lazy I know. So I took my Distress Ink and using the direct from pad application, colored all my pieces. I then placed a piece of acatate behind the oval opening. I took some sticky strip tape and ran that all the way around the edges. I attached the leg with two eyelets using my Crop-a-dile. After it was done I thought it needed a little something extra.

So I made one of those scrunched flowers everyone is making now. For those that don't know... you take your scallop punch and punch out 5-10 scallop rounds. Then you poke a hole in the middle of the stack and place a brad. Then you take each layer and wad it up. Then you unwad it to your desired look. For these I only put 5 layers because I wanted my star brad to show through. Glad I finally got that out of my system. Although my son was asking me to make one to put a photo of him in it. Hmmm... Maybe it wasn't that hard to make. LOL I hope you enjoy my frame.
What a great idea. Gotta use that one for our Christmas project at work. We take photos of all the employees children at our Christmas gathering and let them decorate a frame to put it in. This will be something we can get ready ahead of time and cut out little trees or anything with a Christmas them to put on them. Thanks for sharing and be wonderfully blessed!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great idea. Hope you put in on here so that it could be shared!! I can see a few of these with photos of my sweet granddaughter displayed in them.
ReplyDelete