Monday, March 29, 2010

So where was I all last week?

I bet you were wondering why there were no post last week.  I will tell you.  I was building furniture.  Don't laugh, I really was.  I got this crazy idea to make a bench in my kitchen area.  My mom and dad had come up to my house to help.  But mom started to not feel good and dad's energy is limited because he had a stroke a few months back.  So they left me the table saw, jigsaw and other various tools I might need.  Although dad was adamant about me not using the tools by myself.  pff.  I helped him all these years with home projects.  I knew I could do it myself.
First I cut all the wood and screwed it all together.  The corner piece was actually the easiest.


I added padding and fabric to the top.  And I bought pillows to match.  The cats love it!


Next came the insane task of finding a table and chairs I liked.  So at the fourth store I knew this was it! 
I am in love with it.  I told the salesman what I wanted and he found it!


I added a skirt to it for a more finished look.  That was a pain in the rear! 
Measuring all the pleats, ironing, pining, hemming, blah!  But I do love the way it looks.


Here is my complete bench, table and chairs in my kitchen! 
So happy it is done.  I was missing making cards.

4 comments:

  1. Genetta:

    This turned out beautiful! Congratulations on a job well done! The table and chairs you selected look great, too.

    Jerre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!!!

    --Kryste

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You go girl! That turned out wonderful! Don't you just love how men always think us girls will hurt ourselves with their precious power tools? Geesh! I love the table and chairs too! You found a beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you live anywhere near Long Island NY???? If so, your hired!!!! LOL!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete