Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just Us Girls Challenge #16

I love that in this blogging world there are so many people ready to boost my creativity.  I have been participating in a lot of challenges lately.  It's been fun.  While browsing around on the blogs Saturday morning I found this JUGs Color Challenge  The color challenge was to use Bravo Burgundy, Blush Blossom, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla.  I love these colors and together they are amazing.  So I took on the challenge, I was ready.

I first colored The Greeting Farms Dahlia.  I watched a video on hair coloring from the Club Anya blog eariler and got some good tips.  Only problem is I wanted to stamp on Very Vanilla to keep with the challenge.  I did and I can say I saw the difference in how the copics blended.  But I still think it worked for the challenge.



Supplies Used
Paper: Stampin Up - Bravo Burgundy, Blush Blossom, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla;
Designer paper found in an old paper scrap pile.
Stamp: The Greeting Farm - Dahlia
Copics: C3, C5, C7, E00, E29, E31, E37, R22, R29, R39
Accents: Prima - Say it In Crystal, Cream Grosgrain Ribbon,
Paper Wire Steam Roses, AMM Crystal Ribbon Slide, SU - Pretties Kit

5 comments:

  1. Awe Genetta! You colored your little sweet image so wonderfully! Great job with her hair & skin tone. Love the jeweled flourish. Great way to work this week's Just Us Girls color challenge! Hope to see more from you in all the upcoming challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. Love the the DP you managed to find, fits perfect in your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a darling card indeed! I love the image and your coloring is fabulous! You really learned your lessons watching that video! The ribbon treatment is very cool, as are all the other embellishments you added. Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing our JUGs challenge! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dahlia is darling in burgandy! And I just love those sweet little roses you added! :>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how stunning! Love the sweet main image and how you colored her and those flowers are a wonderful touch!! Beautiful :O)

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!!

    ReplyDelete