Monday, January 18, 2010

Spiky Haired Birthday

I have been creating so many cards lately.  I have been on a creative roll.  It's exciting, it's fun and the best part is I am so ahead of my swap committments that I can just create for the fun of it.  This weekend I was trying to think ahead of cards that I might need.  I already have started on Valentine cards and have more to make but I started thinking of Birthdays.  Two of my children's birthdays are coming up and I have a few friends/co-workers to make cards for.  I made this card for one of those good friend/co-workers.  He has spikey hair (when not wearing a hat) just like The Greeting Farm's Edward stamp.  And in his youth he bleached the tips.  So I wanted to give him a little flash back.  I also felt the need to add the freckles to make it more like him.  Now if only I had drawn glasses and an Adidas logo.

The designer paper was an awesome find.  I was digging in an OLD paper scrap pile that I have not been through in YEARS... anywho I found this one scrap.  I have no memory of ever buying this paper or what I might have used the rest of it on.  But it worked perfect for this project.  Maybe I need to go digging more often.


Supplies Used
Paper: Stampin Up - Real Red, Gable Green, So Saffron;
Designer paper from the depths of a plastic tub
Stamp: The Greeting Farm - Edward
Copics: 0, 110, B24, B34, C5, C7, E00, E31, R29, R39, Y11, Y15
Accents: White eyelets, Lasting Impressions, Scrappy Rubs - Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment